Athol-Orange Community Television (AOTV)
Seeks a Part-time TV Production Assistant
AOTV is in search of an energetic, reliable and hardworking individual to join our team. The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and enjoy working with the public.
Incorporated in 1993, AOTV is a non-profit, non-commercial public, educational, and governmental (PEG) access television facility for the towns of Athol and Orange, Massachusetts. AOTV’s day-to-day operations are managed by the Executive Director, one full-time Production Manager and three part-time Assistants, while a nine member Board of Directors govern the Corporation. In 2015, AOTV added a low-power radio station, WVAO-LP 105.9 FM.
AOTV’s modern facility is located in Athol, Massachusetts. Athol and Orange are part of the beautiful nine town region called North Quabbin. The population of the towns is approximately 18,000 of which over 5,000 households subscribe to cable service provided by Charter/Spectrum.
Summary of Duties
- Record Selectboard meetings as assigned
- Utilize remote systems for Selectboard Meetings
- Confirm playback is set for live meetings
- Arrive in proper time before meeting to check live signal, audio and graphics
- Update graphics as necessary
- Record on DVD-RW and return to AOTV
- Rip DVD into Tightrope system, set autopilot for playback
- Convert file to WAV file for radio and load into import folder
- Troubleshoot problems as necessary
- Record municipal meetings and programs as assigned with proper production protocols
- Other AOTV Duties as assigned
- Must be dynamic, reliable and confident
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Possess computer and production skills
- Able to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to learnAvailable to work Weeknights and some Saturdays
- Salary $12.00 -12.50 per hour
- 4-8 Hours per two week period
Hiring will occur once the proper candidate is found.
Applicants will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
Please submit resume and other materials to:
Production Assistant Search / Executive Director
Athol•Orange Community TV
163 South Main Street
Athol, MA 01331